This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service and the choices you are entitled to associated with that data. "Personal Information" throughout this policy means any
information about an individual that directly or indirectly identifies that individual, such as a name, phone number, postal and email address, payment details, online tracking identifier such as an IP address, or one or more factors specific to an individual.
meanings as in our Terms and Conditions, accessible from www.metricempire.com
1. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In summary: We may collect Personal Information which is necessary to manage your account and preferences while using our videogames and to improve your experience while using our games. We may collect the following information :
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Player alias
- Your voice while we conduct user research playtest sessions.
- When you visit our websites or use our services, we may collect certain technical information automatically, such as your IP address, device information, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
2. HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT?
In summary: If you choose to provide us with your Personal Information after reviewing this policy, we will assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. However, we will require your consent when necessary as required by applicable privacy laws. If we want to use your Personal Information for a purpose not identified in this policy or not required by law, we will ask for your consent in compliance with applicable privacy laws before using the information for the new purpose.
- We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent (i.e., in what manner) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected.
- Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the Personal Information in question.
- If you choose to provide, Personal Information to us, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as outlined in this Policy.
- Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your Personal Information is collected.
- If we want to use your Personal Information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent in compliance with the applicable privacy laws prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
- In some circumstances, we collect your Personal Information from third parties, such as Antidote.gg when we conduct user research playtest session.
- You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the “How you can contact us?” section below.
- However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to maintain our business relationship.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In summary: We may collect your Personal Information to manage our business relationship with you, to communicate with you and for marketing, advertising and public relations. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To manage our business relationship with you and your player experience. This includes:
- to provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- to respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- to provide and maintain the Service. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- to notify you about changes to our Service. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so. performance of a contract;
- to provide customer care and support. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- To monitor the usage of the Service. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- To communicate with you. This includes:
- respond to your complaints or comments about the services offered to provide customer care and support. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- For marketing, advertising and public relations. This includes:
- marketing our business and products to you. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- provide you with information you have requested about our company, our products and our services. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- provide you with our newsletters. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent;
- give away free game copies or open beta access to players that sign up to our newsletter. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent;
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Statistic cookies. We Use Statistic Cookies to understand how users interact with our Website.
4. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
We limit the collection of Personal Information only to that which we need to provide you with our Services for Children’s users, who are minor under the applicable privacy legislation of his/her country of residence (“Children”) including to personalize the
Services where this feature is available for certain Services, to comply with the requirements of applicable laws and for purposes of improving the Services. Metric Empire ensures that it obtains parental or guardian consents that are adequate under
the requirements of applicable laws.
We do not market to Children and do not collect personal information about Children for this purpose.
5. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In summary: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties or service providers for the reasons explained below. We will not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties or trade Personal Information with third parties. However, we may share Personal Information where permitted or required by applicable privacy laws, or as set out below.
- Service Providers
- Management of the website
- We may use service providers to perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire an individual or organization to perform work on our behalf. We only provide these service providers with the Personal Information necessary to perform the services.
We prohibit them from using Personal Information for any purpose other than to perform the services for which they have been retained. These service providers are not permitted to share this Personal Information with others. We will endeavour to protect Personal Information disclosed to third parties by entering into contractual agreements and, to the extent applicable, written undertakings with them, requiring them to adopt reasonable privacy and security procedures and measures.
Categories of service providers handling your personal information include the following:
- As permitted or required by law
- We may disclose Personal Information when required to do so by laws, applicable privacy laws, regulations, court order, subpoena, valid demand or search warrant, or in response to a government investigation or other lawful request.
We may also disclose such Personal Information to our accountants, auditors, agents and attorneys to enforce or protect our legal rights. In addition, we may disclose certain Personal Information when wereasonably believe that it is necessary to do so to protect the rights, safety or property of Empire Metric or others, as otherwise provided or permitted by law.
- To the extent applicable and necessary, we may disclose Personal Information to enter into an agreement, or for any other recognized purpose that we may have for disclosing information.
- We may disclose Personal Information to a third party in connection with a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or part of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
However, if such a transaction is completed, Personal Information will continue to be protected under applicable privacy laws. If such a transaction is not completed, we will require the other party to refrain from using or disclosing your Personal Information in any manner and to destroy it completely.
6. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In summary: We use physical, technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the Personal Information we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorized persons. We make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that Personal Information collected is protected against loss and unauthorized access. Access to Personal Information is restricted to selected Empire Metric’ employees and representatives. In addition, we employ generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, to protect Personal Information against loss and unauthorized access. While we use commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to its vehicles and premises to authorized personnel, we emphasize that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “How can you contact us?” section below.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In summary: We keep your Personal Information for as long as we need to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Your information may be stored in Canada and in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers, such as in the United States. We will keep your Personal Information in accordance with our other business and legal obligations and only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill those obligations, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
8. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We currently keep customer’s Personal Information in Canada. If necessary, it may be stored and processed in any country where we use third party service providers, such as in the United States. In the latter case, we may transfer Personal Information to countries other than your country/province/state of residence, where privacy rules may be different.
If your Personal Information is processed outside of your country/province of residence, it is subject to the laws of the country/province/state in which it is located and may be disclosed to the governments, courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies of that other country, or disclosed in accordance with the laws of such country. However, our practices regarding your Personal Information will at all times be governed by this Policy and applicable privacy laws and, if applicable, we will comply with the GDPR requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information from the EU/EEA to third country, such as standard contractual clauses.
9. WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In summary: In certain circumstances, you may have the right to access and ask for rectification of your Personal Information. You may also withdraw your consent to the use of your Personal Information. Where applicable, you may request that Personal Information held about you no longer be disclosed or be de-indexed.
- Right of access and rectification
- In compliance with applicable privacy laws, you may request access to and a copy of the Personal Information we have about you. You may request that we correct, update or limit the processing of your Personal Information. To the extent that you provide us with information on which we intend to rely, we assume that such information is accurate and up-to-date. If any of your personal information changes during the course of your business relationship with us, we expect you to notify us of such changes so that your customer record can be updated.
If you request that we correct your Personal Information, we will correct the information if your request is reasonable. If we are not satisfied that your request is reasonable, we will include a note with the information to say that the correction was requested but not made.
You may also request information from us about the ways in which your Personal Information was collected from you or how it has been used, as well as the names of the individuals and organizations who have access to your information within the Company and details about how long we store it.
- You may withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of the Personal Information collected. However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity. In somecases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to maintain our business relationship.
- Where applicable, you may have the right to request information about the use of any automated decision making systems and the impact they may have on you.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Please direct any requests, questions, comments or complaints regarding this Policy to the Privacy Officer at the contact information provided below.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we make changes to this Policy, they become immediately effective when made available to you on our website.
Last Updated on March 31st, 2023