Date: January 20th, 2020
Metric Empire is a small independent game development studio located in the heart of downtown Montreal, inside the Gameplay Space. It is the perfect environment for those looking for a friendly team that’s passionate and driven, the ability to work in a human-scale, collaborative, creative environment and to share in the success and growth of a new indie studio.
Our growing team is currently on the lookout for an Intermediate Character Animator who will help bring to life the many characters of our first game, an innovative FPS-Roguelite set in a stylish and colorful sci-fi world.
This a full-time, permanent position.
- Work under supervision of the Game Director and Art Director;
- Create and maintain robust and reusable rigs for characters with various types of locomotion;
- Create and maintain rigs for multiple weapons and interactive game objects;
- Use keyframing animation techniques to create high-quality, stylized animations both for hard-surface and organic characters;
- Collaborate with Concept Artists and Character Modellers to ensure models achieve established animation standards and offer optimal range of movement;
- Integrate animations autonomously in the Unity3D editor in collaboration with AI Programmer;
- Test and sign-off animation quality routinely in the game, incorporating feedback when necessary;
- Participate in animation scoping, planning and maintenance of the project’s animation bank;
- Produce highest quality animation whilst working with established technical constraints
- Have a degree in 3D Animation or equivalent;
- Are based in Montreal and are available to work in-house;
- Have a solid understanding of rigging, skinning and keyframing animation techniques;
- Have thorough working knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, Motion Builder or an equivalent 3D animation authoring software;
- Are able to collaborate fluidly with designers, programmers and artists to ensure your work aligns with the game’s vision and technical requirements;
- Have a high degree of autonomy, self-motivation and display strong problem-solving skills
- Being an active gamer with interest in first-person shooters;
- Have previous experience animating characters for shooters (i.e. locomotion and combat);
- Have a liking for robotic/mechanical character animation and the specific challenges that they pose;
- Are able to work in Unity and able to animate/integrate your work autonomously into Behavior Trees;
- Have previous notable Indie or AAA game development experience;
- Have solid interpersonal communication skills and are fluent in both English and French
- Flexible schedule, work-life balance, proactive stance on overtime;
- Equal opportunity employer*, friendly and fair work environment;
- Vacations, Sick Days, Unpaid Leave and bonus Christmas Week;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Competitive group insurance policy including vision and dental coverage;
- Lunch n' Learns;
- Free Coffee;
Does that sound like you? If so, send us your CV and online portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!